Day 1 – Wednesday 11 June
07.00 Networking breakfast 08.00 Registration 08.45
Welcome and Introduction
David Rockland, Ketchum Partner and Chairman, AMEC.
Barry Leggetter, CEO, AMEC and Summit Director.
Jeroen Scholten, Founder, Publistat, Summit Headline Sponsor, welcomes delegates.
Measurement and PR
What is the key to the wider international adoption of measurement and analytics?The AMEC Summit brings together three major PR agency figures to share their perspectives on analytics in public relations and suggest what else we can do to embed measurement and analytics at the heart of every PR programme.
FROM INSIGHT TO IMPACT: Why value isn’t where it used to be.
Kevin Murray, Chairman, the Good Relations Group.
Upping the PR Impact of Social Earned and Paid Media: 5 T’s to the Rescue (Topic,Type, Timing, Threshold & Text Length)
Dave Senay, CEO, FleishmanHillard.
Matt Neale, President, International, GolinHarris.
The Summit Measurement Colloquium
What can we do together to get more PR professionals to make measurement and analytics a “must-have?
An international panel join Dave, Kevin and Matt for a Q&A session.
Moderator: Paul Holmes, CEO, the Holmes Group.
- Peter Granat, President and CEO, Cision
- Francis Ingham, Executive Director, ICCO & Director General, PRCA
- Jeremy Thompson, Chief Executive, Gorkana Group and AMEC Chair-Elect.
11.15 Networking refreshment break 11.45
Presentation title to be confirmed
Alex Aiken, Executive Director of Government Communications, HM Government UK.
Special Summit Address – A New Paradigm and Model for Measurement and Evaluation.
‘Exclusive unveiling of a new approach to up the game’
Professor Jim Macnamara, PhD, Professor of Public Communication, University of Technology, Sydney
The Science of Engagement
Dr. Olivier Oullier, Full Professor of Behavioral Sciences, Aix-Marseilles University, France.
Julian Lambertin, Head of Strategy & Analytics, Weber Shandwick.
13.25 Lunch and networking 14.30
Presentation title to be confirmed
15.00 Networking refreshment break 15.30
Return on Engagement: Who knew computer science would solve the age old problem of measuring impact and engagement?
Chris Foster, Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton.
How Lenovo set up a Global Analytics hub and Social Media Listening Command centers to get closer to the customer.
Rod Strother, Director, Lenovo Center of Social and Digital Excellence, Singapore.
“When Harry met Sally”
Measurement and evaluation in the new reality of integrated marketing. How do we shape the AMEC view on measurement beyond the PR silo with campaigns crossing integrated touchpoints? A panel discussion that opens a door to our future organisation and answers:
- Where does this all this leave PR measurement?
- What does this mean for the future of M&E and, more broadly, AMEC?
- How do we adapt to the new reality of integrated marketing as a body?
Moderator: Marion McDonald, Managing Director, Strategy & Measurement, Asia Pacific Ogilvy Public Relations, Hong Kong and Chairman, AMEC Asia Pacific Chapter.
- Francois Nicolon, Global CMO, Kantar Media News Intelligence (branding).
- David Rockland, Ketchum Partner and Chairman, AMEC.
- Speaker to be confirmed.
When Dragon’s Den Meets The X Factor!
The new AMEC Measurement Change Award is judged live by a client panel with the audience having the final say on the winner!
Host: Andre Manning, Vice President and Global Head of External Communications, Royal Philips.
18.05 Close of day 1 18.30-
Welcome drinks reception
Day 2 – Thursday 12 June
Whiteboard Session: – How to get involved in Measurement Week!
Measurement Week is a key element of the Global Education Programme. The session will explain how you can help and ask you to be creative and generate new ideas to take away!
Representing the International Chapters:
- Allyson Hugley, Executive Vice President, Measurement, Analytics and Insights, Weber Shandwick & Chair, AMEC European Chapter.
- Marion McDonald, Managing Director, Strategy & Measurement, Asia Pacific, Ogilvy Public Relations, Hong Kong and Chair, AMEC Asia Pacific Chapter.
- Pete Sigrist, Digital Director, Hotwire Public Relations.
- Kelly M. Stepno, Lead Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton.
WORKSHOP DAY 10.00-
Workshops A & B
Lessons from Social in China and Asia Pacific what can we learn from this most dynamic of regions?
Sam Flemming, founder and Chairman, CIC and a dynamic figure in China’s social media growth runs an interactive workshop which will cover how:
- The Chinese client expects insights
- Social media is at the heart of comms and moving into new areas in the organization
- The Asia Pacific region is interconnected through social media
- Social is moving from public to private, from PC to mobile
- What Chinese trends mean for other parts of the world?
Simple, Smart Data Collection: Your Map to Confidence in the Market Research Landscape
“On arriving at a town, the first thing is to buy the plan of the town, and the book noting its curiosities. Walk round the ramparts when there are any, go to the top of a steeple to have a view of the town and its environs… General Observations by Thomas Jefferson, Travelling notes for Mr. Rutledge and Mr. Shippen, June 3, 1788
Good measurement requires simple, smart, good data collection. This practical ‘how-to’ workshop looks at data collection trends worldwide to help delegates have complete confidence in the data they are reviewing and measuring.
- On the road to simple and smart.
- Making the smart decision about methodology.
- Now that you have goals, how do you get there?
- Picking your partners – your ‘map of the town’.
- Vetting criteria for international data collection firms.
Moderator: Paul Braun, Owner, Braun Research, Inc.
- Mark Carrier, Research & Development Director, Insight, Precise.
- Eve Stevens, Vice President, Waggener Edstrom.
- Annie Weber, EVP, Public Affairs & Corporate Communications, Consumer Experiences North America. GfK Custom Research, LLC.
11.00 Networking refreshment break 11.30-
Workshops C & D
Upping the Game: What the client wants – and how to deliver it.
At the AMEC Summit in Madrid last year, there was a call from some clients for a “keep it simple” approach to measurement reports. But, what exactly does this mean, and how do you do it? This panel will address the key questions behind “keeping it simple”:
- Are we speaking the same language or are PR and media intelligence professionals creating a language that our clients don’t speak?
- Why “keeping it simple” can mean different things to different people.
- How clients actually use their evaluation reports and what their “wish list” is for the future in terms of presentation.
Moderator: Christina Liao, SVP and Senior Partner, Global Director, Research & Analytics, FleishmanHillard.
- Karen Crawford, CEO, MediaVerse.
- Eileen Sheil, Executive Director, Corporate Communications, Cleveland Clinic.
- Rod Strother, Director of Lenovo Center of Social and Digital Excellence.
- François Van Dyk, Operations Manager, Ornico Group.
Upping the Game: How to … establish a measurement framework.
AMEC’s CEO says he receives telephone calls and requests for meeting every week from firms especially PR consultancies wanting to take measurement more seriously. The session looks at some of the typical problems including:
- How do we get going and who can help us?
- Working with your client on your measurement journey.
- Developing an internal measurement framework.
- How to get global offices to buy into it.
Moderator: Barry Leggetter, CEO, AMEC.
- Sara Blazquez, Managing Director, Burson-Marsteller, Spain.
- David Gribnau, Chairman, Association of PR and Communications Consultants in The Netherlands.
- Andy West, Group Chief Development Officer, Hotwire Public Relations.
Workshops E & F – Summit Summaries!
Content & Copyright – Industry update
AMEC held a webinar with FIBEP and PDLN in March.
- What did we learn in terms of what members really want from international licensing to help them deal with the growth in the number of cross border tenders and Requests for Proposal (RFPs)?
- What are our next joint steps?
Session host: Dawn Conway, Chair, AMEC Content & Copyright Committee and COO, Cision US and Christophe Dickes, Global Copyright Director, Kantar Media.
Education – AMEC College
AMEC now has two courses running through the online AMEC College.
- How are we doing?
- What does the market want in terms of new courses and initiatives?
Session host: Evgeniy Larionov, CEO, Ex Libris and Chair, AMEC Professional Development Committee and Vanessa Lynch, Senior Analyst, Kantar Media, Member of Committee.
Lunch and networking 12.30-
Workshops G & H
Social Media measurement – Practical steps to take now, and your questions answered
AMEC’s Social Media Measurement Committee has put education at the heart of its work in 2014. This practical session will explain how you can get the best out of AMEC resources and start impressing your clients now.
- All good measurement starts with the planning…
- Don Bartholomew, of Ketchum, explains how to use AMEC’s social media measurement framework to consult with clients and drive the planning process
- Using the Framework
The Framework in action. Pete Sigrist of Hotwire takes us through examples of how to use the framework in action for different clients
- What have we got and what do we need?
Session moderator, Richard Bagnall, will take us through the collateral that we have available now and lead a group discussion on what we need from this group next year
Upping the Game: Using Internal Communications Measurement to Demonstrate Business Results.
Join us for a lively discussion of leading edge practices for measuring your internal communications investment – and using predictive analytics to clearly link effective internal communications to desired employee behaviors (e.g. engagement).
- Simple tactics to increase effectiveness and impact of your internal measurement approach
- How to identify which components of communications have the largest impact on employee engagement
- Ideas to demonstrate and report findings in a captivate, meaningful way to your stakeholders
Moderator: Lindsey Marshall, Research Director, Ketchum.
- Eileen Sheil, Executive Director, Corporate Communications, Cleveland Clinic.
- Presenter to be announced.
Workshop in development – details soon
15.30 Networking refreshment break 16.00
The stormy marriage of PR consultancies and measurement providers – a couple’s therapy
The session examines the pressure points in the relationship between a PR consultancy and media intelligence firm and how challenges can be overcome and a successful working partnership developed.
Giselle Bodie, Chief Executive, Salience Insight, as the “partner” at a fast-expanding media intelligence company.
David Rockland, in the role of the “partner” at the New York head office of a global PR company.
“Dr Phil” Lynch, Director, Media Evaluation, Kantar Media News Intelligence.
Margot Sinclair Savell, Senior Vice President, Hill+Knowlton Strategies.
Speaker to be confirmed.
16.45 The couple take part in Group Therapy to ask others if they have had the same problems.
Moderator: Barry Leggetter
Close of Summit
Barry Leggetter, CEO and Summit Director.
Jeremy Thompson, Chief Executive, Gorkana Group and Chair Elect, AMEC.
17.15 Close of Day 2 19.00
Summit Gala Dinner and AMEC Awards 2014
Canal barge cruise and drinks reception.
A special tour by barge through the UNESCO World Heritage listed Amsterdam Canal network to deliver all guests to De Duif, a magnificent neo-classic church and the venue for the Summit Dinner and AMEC Awards 2014 ceremony. Drinks served on board and a 3-minute walk at the end to our venue.
Summit Dinner and AMEC Awards 2014
Day 3 – Friday 13 June
Walking and cycle tours.
Friday is a great day to explore the beautiful city of Amsterdam. As Amsterdam is the cycling city, we have arranged guided cycling tours for you to leisurely see the city. Alternatively we have guided walking tours too.
Click on this link for more details.